Do you, or someone you know, have a couple hours a month to help the gardens?
We are looking for a competent Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage volunteers. You will be responsible for allocating responsibilities and retaining the best people. This position is ideal for someone who can devote just 2+ hours per month to helping us, or can be expanded to include a bigger role.
You should know how to distinguish talent and do everything possible to motivate and inspire. You must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (e-mail, social media etc.)
- Collect information on availabilities and skills
- Assign responsibilities to the right people for special events
- Coordinate corporate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions
- Communicate with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Εnsure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
- Experience in volunteering locally and/or internationally
- Social media experience is required as we use Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to let volunteers know about our events. Experience with MailChimp and writing blogs a plus.
- Experience in recruiting through various channels, like Volunteer Match.
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office or Google Drive
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- A pleasant, outgoing personality
Good to Know:
- Gardening experience is NOT required, but appreciated.
- This position can be done remotely – you don’t need to be at our monthly volunteer days, or corporate “VTO” days, but it’s appreciated if you can.
- Time commitment can be as low as 2 hours per month.
- We are entirely volunteer run. This is an unpaid position, but a worthy one!
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested 🙂